Co-Authors: Deborah Dentler, Judge Amy Pellman, Referee Sherri Sobel, renowned children’s attorney Janet Sherwood and other leading figures in the field of California dependency law.
Gives the essentials of dependency law, but also adresses the specialized needs of attorneys for the child, the parents, the courty, and de facto parents.
- Detention hearing, jurisdictional hearing, dispositional hearing, review hearings, the Section 366.26 hearing
- Special proceedings (modification, supplemental and subsequent petitions)
- Appeals and writs
- Responsibilities of attorneys representing each party
- Child’s expanded right to counsel
- The sibling relationship exception to termination of parental rights
- Checklists and deadlines
- Sample Judicial Council and attorney-drafter forms throughout
- Fully updated with cases, statues, and court rules
It is available in public law libraries and at law school libraries. It is available in soft-bound print edition for $175 and is also available online as a web based subscription program on an annual basis and can be purchased here.